System 3 Pennant Primer
Pennant Primer is a waterborne, two-part epoxy coating specifically formulated as a tough, below-the-waterline primer for marine topcoats. Though Pennant Primer was specifically designed for use with System Three Pennant Topside Paint, it is compatible with most commonly available marine topcoats. It applies easily over fiberglass and carbon laminates, polyester or epoxy resin surfaces, and properly prepared wood, and cementitious surfaces. In addition, it provides a smooth base for topcoating over epoxy or vinyester barrier coats. Pennant offers comparable performance to its solvent-borne counterparts, in film-build and sandability. In addition, it is non-flammable and contains no highly-hazardous (HAPS) solvents or heavy metals.
Pennant Primer can be applied by brush, roller, or spray. When cured, it sands easily to a hard, smooth surface, to help give a high-performance topcoat, like Pennant Topside Paint, the best appearance.
- Easy to apply by brush, roller or sprayer.
- Use above or below the waterline.
- Performance comparable to solvent-borne counterparts.
- Thins and cleans up with water.
- Low VOC formula requires no special handling or storage.
- Long 3 hour pot life.
- Easily sands for smoother topcoat appearance.