Fillet mix in a tub
EZ-Fillet is a wood flour-filled two-part putty specifically designed for stitch-and-glue wooden boat construction. Its ketchup-like, self-leveling consistency allows it to be measured by volume or weight.
The resin (part A) is brick red in color while the hardener (part B) is a deep, dark green. A rich brown wood tone results when the two parts are combined indicating complete mixing. The putty thickens after mixing to form an easy to spread thixotropic compound which will not run or sag. EZ-Fillet has been designed for superior strength and workability and can be used by itself to create smooth cosmetic fillets or as a structural fillet when combined with fiberglass cloth.
Safety Data Sheet
Technical Data Sheet
- Simple two component system; requires no additional modification with fillers or thickeners.
- Identical consistency every time.
- Smooth non-sagging formula spreads easily and stays put.
- Formulated specifically for filleting applications.
- Superior strength with flexibility over a broad surface.
- Two color system ensures complete mixing.
- Sands easily.
- 100% waterproof; for use above or below the waterline.
- Compatible with most marine primers and topcoats.
|Mix Ratio by Volume||100:50|
|Mix Ratio by Weight||100:44|
|Coverage||See Technical Data Sheet|
|Minimum Application Temperature||50°F (10°C)|
|Gel Time @ 77°F (25°C)||60 Minutes (100g mixture)|
|Tack Free Time @ 77°F (25°C)||6 Hours|