Souriceau Full Plans
A small, simple, seaworthy microcruiser
For Souriceau Study Plans, click HERE
Anyone can master the simple and strong construction method used for Souriceau. The boat is plywood built over a form using fiberglass and epoxy resin. Optionally, the boat can be built over her bulkheads. The entire boat is covered with a thin epoxy/glass coat. The hull is made with 9mm panels - with the option of chines or a more classic form. Build her in your garage and then put yourself in the videos above.
Souriceau roughly translated means "very young Mouse". Eric Henseval has designed this singluar boat with microcruising in mind. Microcruising can be thought of as sailing in small, seaworthy boats with simplicity. Whether the route is short or long, these little boats always provide wonderful voyages in an economical and simple way. Souriceau was designed to go anywhere, whether it is the Cheasapeake Bay, the Danube River or the Gulf or Morbihan. You could even cross an ocean by way of the trade winds (with much more comfort than the Berque brothers).
Lenght over all : 5.00 m - 16' 5"
Hull lenght: 4.75m - 15' 7"
Lenght at DWL : 4.75 m - 15' 7"
Beam max.: 2.20 m - 7' 2.5"
Draft max. : 1.35 m - 4' 5"
Draft min. : 0.57 m - 22.5"
vertical and retractable keel
Galley and chart table
2 coupled tillers: one inside and one outside
Displacement : 530 kg - 1168 lbs.
Ballast keel : 120kg - 265 lbs.
Sail area : 18 m2 - 194 sf
Built in glass-epoxy-plywood
With her ample freeboard, Souriceau's inside volume could be compared to that of a much larger boat. She has two real berths, a galley and a chart table.
Here is what the pakage contains:
(14 sheets A0 FORMAT: 1,189mx0,841m - 47" x 33")
- 1 sail plan + 1 rig plan with all cotations and details needed. 1 plan of Hull forms with appendages. (paper size A0 format)
- 1 arrangement plan with specific sections (paper size A0 format)
- 1 deck plan very detailed (paper size A0 format)
- 1 plan of structure with 3 views with detailed scantlings, hull to deck detail, etc.. hatches plans, typical section, plan of the chainplates (paper size A0 format)
- 2 plans of all bulkheads, all dÃ©tailed with cotations. Each bulkhead is drawn 2 times: you see its perimeter and you see too the bulkhead in view with its environment. (2 X Paper size A0 format)
- 1 plan of developpable hull shell panels with all cotations of each panel+ 1 plan of cutting organisation of the elements on the plywood pannels. (Paper size A0 format)
- 1 plan of organisation of cut for deck and cockpit. (Paper size A4: 0,210mx0,297m - letter size paper)
- 1 plan of rudder form and rudder structure. (Paper size A0 format)
- 1 plan of the helm system, with plan of the two helms, steering system, etc.. (Paper size A0: format)
- 1 plan of keel, and systems. (Paper size A0: format)
- 1 plan of the lead bulb, and its details.(Paper size A0: format)
- 1 plan of the detailed male plug (3 views) with all plug bulkheads detailed, Paper (size A0 format)
- 1 plan of the Â« logo Â» Souriceau (Paper size A0 format)
- 1 plan of the pulpits (bow and aft), stay chainplate, and bow sheave.
PLANS-SKETCHES 3D: they are additionnal representations of the 2D plans (20 pages)
- 1 Sketch of the keel sheave
- 2 Sketches of keel system on deck
- 2 Sketches of the diagonal beams around the companionway
- 1 Sketch of the arm which maintain the keel in down position
- 1 Sketch of the position of the outboard engine.
- 1 Sketch of the flottability position
- 1 Sketch of the tubes between rudders
- 2 Sketches of trailer definition
- 6 Sketches for poole system
- 1 Sketch of the waterline decoration
- 1 Sketch of the stainless steel cooker support
- 1 Sketch of the system to maintain the keel in down position.
EVALUATION OF CONSTRUCTION FOR HOME-BUILDERS (17 pages)
Including bill of materials (wood, fiberglass, resin, hardware) with french... estimates.
+photos of details.
3 CUTTING FILES are included with the package download
(There are no patterns)
The cockpit is ample for fair weather sailing. If you feel the need for shelter, there are two 360Â° plexiglass domes over the berths - the boat can be operated from this warm, dry location.
She is designed to be fast for her length with good windward performance and good stability in following winds. She is unsinkable thanks for full foam flotation throughout.