"Jack Tar" Spar Leather Kits
Protect your spars
These spar kits were inspired by the Oar Leather Kits that we get from Rodger Swanson at Swanson Boat Company. The leather in each kit is 5-6 oz. top grain, vegetable tanned cow hide. Marine tallow is included as the medium for seasoning and maintaining the leather.
These kits contain almost everything you need to leather your own spars - great for yards and booms on lugsails or sprits and sprit booms. Click HERE to download a copy of the instructions that come printed with each kit.
- 1 spar leather
- #1 kit - 6.5 x 14 inches
- #2 kit - 8 x 14 inches
- #3 kit - 9.5 x 14 inches
- #4 kit - 11 x 17 inches
- #5 kit - 12.75 x 18 inches
- 2 strands of Waxed Polycord thread
- 2 harness needles
- 1 nail "punch"
- 1 Oarsman Marine Tallow & Topcoat Basic Packet (with instructions for using them)
- 1 flexible tape measure
- 1 hose clamp to hold panel in place while lacing
- 1 complete set of instructions
Here are a couple of pictures from the instructions