4, 5, & 6mm available
Dyneema ® SK75 core with 16 plait polyester cover for High strength, low stretch applications.
- Braided Dyneema ® core –easy to taper.
- 16 plait cover – hardwearing, easy to grip in small diameters.
- Holds in cleats
- Distinctive colours, makes for easy line identification while racing.
- Marlow Pre-stretched, ensures line will have minimal stretch when used.
- Flexibility through tight radii of blocks.
|Diameter||Minimum Break Load||Weight (g/m)|
WHAT IS DYNEEMAÂ®?
DyneemaÂ® is an UHMwPE (Ultra High Molecular weight Polyethylene) fibre developed by DSM in the Netherlands little over 20 years ago. An ingredient material in many of our ropes, DyneemaÂ® is light weight and renowned as "The World's Strongest FibreTM". So what makes DyneemaÂ® so special?
- High Strength: On a weight for weight basis, DyneemaÂ® is 15 times stronger than steel wire
- Light Weight: Size for size, DyneemaÂ® is 8 times lighter than steel wire. Strength for Strength Dyneema is 15 time lighter than steel wire. DyneemaÂ® also has a Specific Gravity of 0.97 which means it floats in water
- Water resistant: DyneemaÂ® is hydrophobic and does not absorb water, meaning it remains light when working in wet conditions and is there also more durable
- Chemical resistance: DyneemaÂ® is chemically inert, and performs well in dry, wet, salty and humid conditions, as well as other situations where chemicals are present.
- UV Resistant: DyneemaÂ® has very good resistance to photo degradation, maintaining its performance when exposed to UV light