We are proud to introduce a new idea in mast head floats for small sailboats. This is not an ugly Clorox bottle or fender tied to your masthead to reduce the tendency to turtle in a knockdown, but a much sleeker fabric covered foam float that is hardly noticeable. The front edge is held in the mast grove along with the boltrope as the sail is hoisted and the float is secured in place with sturdy webbing straps over the headboard and at the leech edge of the sail.
Please note that this device is not intended for personal flotation or as a life-saving device, nor is it capable of providing positive flotation for the entire boat. Its job is to keep the mast tip near the surface of the water in the case of a knockdown. High winds and large waves may limit the effectiveness of any flotation device.
Check out this video:
- Light-weight marine canvas fabric
- 5 oz dacron sailcloth sleeve on front edge to fit over bolt rope
- 1" closed cell foam flotation: approximately 25 lbs of positive buoyancy
- Option to purchase additional 1/2" foam pads for 40-50% increase in flotation value
- Adjustable webbing straps with side-release buckle to secure top and back edge around the sail
- Dimensions are approximately 32" along luff edge, approximately 25" along leech edge, approximately 5" to 6" maximum across top for headboard, approximately 24" along bottom. Please measure your sail to make sure this model will fit properly.
- Available in White, Red or Lakeside Blue
- Custom sizes and configurations or other color choices can be accommodated - please contact through our Custom Sail Page to request a quote.