Kerisper Study Plans PDF
- Printed plans shipped and PDF plans emailed by Francois Vivier
Power skiff 4.8 m
For Full Plans, Click HERE
|Hull length / waterline||4.81 / 4.32 m|
|Breadth / waterline||1.80 / 1.40 m||Outboard motor||4 to 20 hp|
|Draugth||0.18 m||Design category / Crew||C3 / D5|
|Light weight / with motor||160 / 220 kg||Building time||200 hours|
Kerisper is a classic powerboat for day sailing and fishing, in sheltered waters as well as in open sea. She is designed to be:
- Stable and seaworthy, with a generous freeboard at the stem. You may stand up without fear.
- Practical, in particular with a flat bottom allowing easy launching and recovering. The stem overhang facilitates recovering on the trailer, as well as coming on board on the strand keeping the feet dry.
- Sturdy but light, to ease handling.
- Transom able to receive a 20 hp outboard motor, giving a 18 knots speed. A 6 hp motor is enough to propel this light semi-planing hull.
- 13 knots speed with a crew of 3 with a 10 hp motor measured on the first unit, giving a very low gas consumption.
- Optional console for steering.
- Large locker forward, to stow equipment.
- Modern and simple design using the stitch and tape method, allowing a beginner to build the boat. Construction is made from a CNC plywood kit, with all part cut at final dimension and including holes for stitching. A detailed building manual is part of the plan package.
- The sheerstrake (upper hull plank) overlap the previous plank (as a clinker construction) to give a better look.
Safe with its buoyancy compartments at boat ends.
- May be simply used with oars.
- And all this with a traditional look!
There is more information on the Francois Vivier Website