Colibri Plans PDF
- Available for download after checkout
This small dinghy can be used for fishing, pleasure rowing or as a tender for a bigger yacht. It can also be fitted with a small outboard motor. The boat has a relatively high freeboard and can take a fair amount of load. It handles very well small waves or wake caused by powerboats. Due to the flat bottom and a beam of 4' (1.2m) has high initial stability. The interior seating arrangement can be modified if desired but I wouldn't put more than two persons in this boat. The finished hull weighs around 48 lbs (22kg) if made of exterior grade pine plywood and therefore can be easily car topped. The boat can be built for less than $200 CAD (2013).
Here is the bill of materials required:
- Exterior grade plywood 4x8' (1220x2440 mm), ¼" (6 mm) thick - 2 sheets
- Fiberglass tape 3" (75 mm) wide by 6 oz. (200 gr/sq.m) - 16 yards (15 m)
- Epoxy resin - 1 gallon (3.78L) plus hardener
- Others - bread flour, chip brushes, rollers, fairing compound or filler, primer, paint, sandpaper
Plans package consists of 3 pages of drawings (metric or imperial) and 4 pages of instructions. Plans in imperial units are set up to print on letter size paper at the convenience of your home printer. Metric plans are set up to print on A4 size paper.
LOA - 7.5' (2.30m)
Beam - 4' (1.20m)
Approx.weight - 48lb. (22kg)
Max.payload - 330lb. (150kg)
Metric & Imperial